Any business owner worth their salt will take the start of the year as the chance to reevaluate goals and set new ones. It’s the chance for a fresh start everywhere, so let’s begin close to home – your workplace. Setting some solid, attainable New Year resolutions is the key to minimizing costs and maximizing the money your business spends on creature comforts. It’s estimated that 30% of commercial building energy consumption goes towards the HVAC system, so you can imagine that any savings can be a big boost to your company this year. That’s money that can be best spent elsewhere, such as growing and expanding your business.
Making these resolutions is the first step towards achieving your goals for the New Year. You’re much more likely to make improvements than someone who hasn’t made a formal resolution. If you can make it through the first couple of months, you have a better chance of continuing the trend for the rest of the year – good practices become good habits, and meeting your goals is so much easier when you don’t have to think about it.
There are a few simple strategies you can use to significantly boost your odds of success.
- Set clear goals: These can be as simple as decreasing energy costs by 5-10% or even just getting employees to be mindful of turning room air conditioning on and off. What matters is that everyone is on the same page and knows what to aim for.
- Pre-commit: Move forward with the expectation that the goal will be met, that failure is not an option.
- Keep track: Stay up to date on how you’re doing. You can’t very well know if you’ve reached your goal if you don’t check.
- Don’t get discouraged: Even if you have a down month or don’t experience progress every day or week, you still have chances to make up for it.
- Outsource: This is the easiest strategy – have someone else take care of it! Building Automation Services can accomplish this for you by automating almost all the previous strategies.
Like we said, meeting your goals is easiest when you don’t have to think about it. Let Building Automation Services (BAS) make your business more efficient by taking away all the guesswork. BAS allows you to monitor your systems in a centralized location and can adjust temperature settings to maximize the power efficiency of your HVAC system. Keeping your HVAC system at its optimal settings greatly increases how happy your employees (and, in turn, your wallet) will be. Lower overall electricity usage with more consistent and comfortable temperatures are entirely possible, not to mention lower maintenance costs due to less unnecessary wear and tear on your air conditioning units and heaters. BAS can also keep you up-to-date on how your systems are performing, even without the need for expensive and time-consuming maintenance checks.
Let’s not forget for human aspect to all this – your employees will already have a lot on their plates, so freeing them from the trouble of worrying about security and energy efficiency can make their day-to-day work much easier. Building Automation Services can handle all of that for them, improving overall productivity and increasing your company’s security. Removing the risk of human error makes your systems that much more efficient.
Let us help you get a head start on meeting your financial resolutions this year. Get in touch with us and we can provide you with design consultation, installation, and maintenance for your Building Automation Services. Pick up the phone now and give us a call at (248) 486-6500 and we’ll be happy to discuss all the available options for your business. If you’re too busy dealing with the New Year’s rush to spend time on a phone call, then you can simply fill in our online contact form and one of our specialists will get in touch at a more convenient time for you.